[Talk-transit] NaPTAN Merging Guidelines

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 15:50:11 BST 2009

I've only just realised that my previous message regarding the imports
beginning only went to talk-gb and talk-gb-london.

Greater London is now imported as changeset 2177128.
I was planning to import Hull and Suffolk also this week.

Now that we're importing the data, we really need to get our
guidelines on how to merge and tidy the data sorted. I've pulled out
the relevant pieces from the Birmingham wikipage out to
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Surveying_and_Merging_NaPTAN_and_OSM_data
It really needs to be tidied and beaten into a useful document before
we let more people loose with the data.

Thomas Wood
(Edgemaster)