[Talk-transit] Weird stations in the UK (as shown on Google maps)

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Thu Aug 20 17:00:31 BST 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>wrote:

> There are four station in the King's Cross/ St Pancras on Google[5].
> Two for St Pancras station, one for King's Cross Station and then one
> for King's Cross/St Pancras. NaPTAN does have two stations for St
> Pancras (possibly the international section is treated as a separate
> station for operational reasons) but only seems to have one for King's
> Cross Station in NaPTAN. I am not sure where the combined one on
> Google has come from but it does possibly make sense to present them
> as a single station at some zoom levels.

Is Kings Cross St. Pancras tube station part of the same station complex as
St Pancras International/Domestic, I wonder? On the ground, I'd have said
yes, but it's really mainly the name that connects, seeing as it's equally
well connected physically with both St Pancras rail station and Kings Cross
rail station.

Mind you, I've always found Kings Cross to be confusing on the ground too -
once almost missed my train by not realising that I needed Kings Cross
Thameslink rather than Kings Cross.

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto