[Talk-transit] NAPTAN database

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Sat Feb 21 10:51:08 GMT 2009

Thomas Wood <grand.edgemaster at gmail.com> schrieb:
> 2009/2/19 Brian Prangle <bprangle at googlemail.com>:
> > 5. Once we've decided what to import, I think it would be a good
> > idea to offer that to talk-gb to see if anyone wants to
> > challenge/change it. Can you estimate how much more needs to be
> > done - is Christophe up to speed with any of this?
>
> He sent me an email regarding the progress I've made, I've sent two
> replies, but not heard any more from him.
> I don't know how we're going to do tidyup, whether it should be
> pre/post import, how we go about checking the data etc...

I am sorry for being quiet up to now. I had a busy week and I wanted to
finish the Openstreetbugs thing I was doing before I start with
something new.

I had a look at the importer and it looks really good already.
Considering the size of the importer code I am not sure if it is a good
idea to have two people actively working on it. As I understand the
discussion here the main problems seem to be the definition of a
mapping from Naptan to OSM. So, it might make more sense to work on
this than on the import tool.
Another thing I could do would be writing a tool similar Draco's
Postbox tool if this would be considered handy.

Christoph