[Talk-transit] [Talk-gb-westmidlands] NAPTAN database

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 17:23:27 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:03:43AM -0000, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:
> Here is the photo of that stop Brian mentioned above:
>
> http://ajr.hopto.org/osm/SD530488.JPG
>
> Note that my OSM data entry is missing the stuff at the top of the sign
> which Brian has been putting under the name tag I believe. Only stops at
> major intersections/termini I think have these extra bits of data at the top
> of the sign.
>
> And another example showing that they normally use the word "towards" on
> most of the west midlands stop signs.
>
> http://ajr.hopto.org/osm/SD530486.JPG

For comparison:

http://bleah.co.uk/~simon/photos/osm/mount_road-belle_vue-stop.jpg

This is:

http://openstreetmap.org/browse/node/343284691

I didn’t tag the “B”, and I have been tagging bus service numbers with
“services” not “route_ref” (possibly a mistake considering the existence
of road services).  The SMS text code is normally on the other side of the
stop sign.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall