[Talk-transit] All about bus stops

Chris Hill chillly809 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 11:59:07 GMT 2009

Shaun McDonald wrote:

[snip]
> I'd also have more consistency in the way that references are done.
> All stops in interchange areas in Edinburgh and London have a local
> reference. Some tag that as loc_ref, which makes no sense to me. I tag
> it as local_ref, which is much more self explanatory. In the UK every
> bus stop has a unique reference number, however this can be difficult
> to find, as not all bus stops use it.
>
> Shaun

The bus stops operated by EYMS in the area around my home added a code
to every bus stop sign, but then some months later painted them out
again.  Since the bus companies are not subject to Freedom of
Information requests, I don't expect I can get this info from the bus
company, though I'm willing to try.

Cheers, Chris