[Talk-transit] catching up

Gerald A geraldablists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 14:30:47 GMT 2009

Hi everyone,
I'm wondering what the current aim of transit mapping seems to be.

Is it to just note places you can wait at a stop?

Or is the end goal to say "I want to go from Buckingham Palace to
the Parliament Buildings", or some such arrangement?

While the first is nice info to have on the maps, there is a lot of
additional info needed to have the 2nd bit happen, and I wonder if anyone
has thought about it. There have been some discussions about using relations
to build up transit routes, but I think it would be worthwhile to discuss
this.

Gerald