[Talk-transit] catching up

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:14:20 GMT 2009

2009/1/11 Gerald A <geraldablists at gmail.com>:
> Hi everyone,
> I'm wondering what the current aim of transit mapping seems to be.
> Is it to just note places you can wait at a stop?
> Or is the end goal to say "I want to go from Buckingham Palace to
> the Parliament Buildings", or some such arrangement?
> While the first is nice info to have on the maps, there is a lot of
> additional info needed to have the 2nd bit happen, and I wonder if anyone
> has thought about it. There have been some discussions about using relations
> to build up transit routes, but I think it would be worthwhile to discuss
> this.
> Gerald

This particular thread is discussing the import of UK transport nodes
into the OSM database from the DfT's database.
Currently, there's no route data included with this, but some is
already available in the OSM db. I think our end goal is for routes,
even if we have to crowdsource this data.

Thomas Wood
(Edgemaster)