[Talk-transit] All about bus stops

Christian Krützfeldt christian at balticfinance.com
Tue Jan 27 13:42:27 GMT 2009

Hi Gerrit,

Yes, your idea sounds similar, and for the names I don't really car what you name everything, as long as everything is there.
The only, and I think important difference I could see between your and my idea is, you want a node with {highway=bus_stop}. I would prefer a single lane of a way with highway=bus_stop or bus_stop=yes or whatever you want to name it.

With your idea it is not clear if the bus actually stops on the road or if there is an extra "bay" (not sure what the correct name for that is) where the bus stops. So can traffic flow while a bus is stopped or not?
And also if it is a bay, how long and optinally maybe how wide is it?

Christian