[Talk-transit] Railway route relations

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:02:57 BST 2009

I'd agree with Brian; the infrastructure relations don't help. At last count
the services using the line were:

VT: Euston-Birmingham & Wolverhampton (aka EBW) (InterCity)
XC: Manchester-Bournemouth (InterCity)
LM: Northampton/Coventry-Birmingham (Regional locals; there's quite a bit of
skip-stopping, but not a distinctive express service)
ATW: Aberystwyth/Chester-Birmingham International (Regional Express)
(and some WSMR too; InterCity)

Getting those on a map (at least the hourly ones) will be complicated
enough. I'd suggest using the TOC abbreviations as the ref for the moment.
Calling it the WCML isn't really correct (the WCML proper goes
Rugby-Nuneaton-Tamworth etc)

Richard