[Talk-transit] Railway route relations

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Thu Jul 9 10:39:33 BST 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Richard Mann <
richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com> wrote:

You went off-liste

Dammit. Can we change the reply-to settings? (or has that debate been done
to death already?)

>  I'd think I'd propose an alternative service such as service=heritage (or
> stick with service=regional):
> type=line
> line=rail
> service=heritage
> ref=abbreviated name of railway (it's not like there's going to be more
> than one service on the line)

Hmm, looks like I have some re-tagging to do then (after having nearly
completed the list at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_Kingdom_Independent_and_minor_railways
).

Is there any sense to having a route relation AND a line relation on these
types of railways?

Frankie

> Richard
>

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Frankie Roberto <
> frankie at frankieroberto.com> wrote:
>
>>  Richard Mann wrote:
>>

>>> The public transport schema says we should be tagging rail service
>>> relations as:
>>>
>>> No route tag
>>> line=rail
>>> service = high_speed / long_distance / regional / commuter
>>> ref = service reference