[Talk-transit] Railway route relations

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Thu Jul 9 10:54:35 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>wrote:

> I am happy to change the settings for this list, but then it will be
> different from most other lists. Lets have a poll and follow the majority. I
> will stay neutral!

For some reason I had it in my head that the main osm-talk list had replies
set to go to the group. Anyway, I think it can be useful to have that as the
default (especially for small lists). It depends what you're used to though!

> Btw, could a couple of people also offer to be admins for the list and get
> to see all the exciting spam offers (of the normal limited variety!) and ban
> the posters of these messages, oh, and also very occasionally spot a genuine
> post. To give you an idea of the size of the problem we get about 1 spam
> message a day.

I'd be happy to help out.  How does managing the spam work with Gmail (which
tends to filter out spam anyway)? Do you have to turn spam filtering off for
e-mails sent to the group (in order to be able to spot and ban people)?

Frankie

P.S  How many people here are going to SOTM?  Maybe we could have a mini
transit meetup?

--
Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle