[Talk-transit] Naptan import

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Jul 22 14:04:25 BST 2009

On 20 Jul 2009, at 14:35, Thomas Wood wrote:

> 2009/7/20 Peter J Stoner <stonerpj at mytraveline.info>:
>> In message on 20 Jul 2009,  Ed Loach wrote:
>>
>>> I'm assuming that the naptan import when it happens will be as at a
>>> certain point in time, and won't include any new bus stops since
>>> that
>>> time?
>>
>>> I'm asking because a bus route has changed in the last week or so
>>> that
>>> now passes my house both ways instead of just one way and rather
>>> than
>>> add bus stops on the other side of the road they've added a taped
>>> message "Buses stop here and opposite" to each of the existing bus
>>> stops on the road.
>>

>> Ed
>>

>> If the Transport authority has done its job properly then we will
>> expect to see Custom and Practice stops appear in NaPTAN opposite the

snip

> The refreshed data is yet to be downloaded, so depending on the
> responsiveness of the LA, the stops may be in there by the time I get
> around to finalising the import.

I am conscious that it is now over 6 months since the data was
offered. I do realise that a lot of technical work and familiarisation
has been taking place but it would be great to be able to complete the
import and move on.

I am also aware that there is a 50K place gazetteer sitting there
untouched - last week I was adding villages in Norfolk by hand and the
data is sitting available in NPTG.

Do you need help with the NaPTAN import or are you just about ready to
do the work? Do we need to set up a wiki page where people can request
imports for their authority or are we going to do it without that?