[Talk-transit] [Talk-GB] Roundabout, ways and relationship policies

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Wed Jul 22 22:33:10 BST 2009

Lennard wrote:
> Brian Prangle wrote:
>
>> Most public transport route maps do show the whole roundabout as part of
>> the route - perhaps we should follow their example?
>
> If the return trip takes the same roads, eventually the bus will have
> navigated the whole roundabout, and then the whole roundabout *is* part
> of the route.

As usual, I have a counter example - the bus station leads off the
roundabout and comes on to it further on, so there is one section of
roundabout that none of the 40 buses an hour that use it travel over!

OTOH, some routes go round one-and-a-half times, so should I include
that section twice in the relation? (No, I'm not being serious).

David