[Talk-transit] Naptan import

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 03:11:16 BST 2009

2009/7/26 Christoph Böhme <christoph at b3e.net>:
> I am happy to continue working on the NPTG import if Thomas does not
> mind.

Yes, that's fine, NPTG isn't really an interest of mine, as I think I
insinuated on the wikipage writeup of the format.

2009/7/27 Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>:
> My vote is to get on with it - the NPTG and NaPTAN imports are different
> enough that they can be handled separately. If Thomas focuses on the NaPTAN
> import (or hands it over to someone) and you do the NPTG then I think we
> will get there faster.

I am willing to continue. I've just spent the past few days fixing and
refactoring the bulk_upload.py script.
I just need to write a wrapper for it to simplify the NaPTAN uploads,
and we're good to go.

> Would it be worth creating a NPTG Import wiki page and an NPTG Import user
> to do the actual import - ie, keep the documentation and audit trail for the
> two imports separate?

So far they're quite closely linked on the wiki, a separate NPTG
Import user would probably make sense.

2009/7/22 Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>:
> Do we need to set up a wiki page where people can request imports
> for their authority or are we going to do it without that?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Request_for_Import

I need to flesh out what the column headings mean.

--
Regards,
Thomas Wood