[Talk-transit] Railway route relations

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Wed Jul 29 16:24:34 BST 2009

Hi all,

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>wrote:

> I think the problem is that we are using the term Route for at least two
> different things.

The more I think about it, the more I think this needs resolving (and well
documenting)!

The first question is what does route=railway denote, the infrastructure or
the service pattern?

To put it in concrete terms, there are two regular Eurostar services,
London-Paris and London-Brussels. Should there be a railway=route relation
for each of these services?  What about the ocassional Disneyland and "snow
train" services to the Alps?

These services also travel along the lines known as "High Speed 1" (from
Folkestone to London) and "the Channel Tunnel" - should these also be tagged
as separate relations?

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto