[Talk-transit] Public transport schema

Sebastian Schwarz yugo at kahlfrost.de
Tue Jun 2 17:34:39 BST 2009

Hi!

Well, I have been en-route the last days and thus did not have time to
respond to any of the numerous mails covering almost all aspects of
the new proposal relating to public transport. But I see the
discussion sort of loosing sight of the mappers. From my point of
view, we should find a good compromise which primarily serves the
mappers and not the CEN. So, the schema should not be as compliant as
possible to the standards but as good as possible for the mappers -
provided with a reasonable part of standard compliance, of course. We
do not want to model Heathrow Airport (apart from that, airports have
never been part of the proposal!) but we want to start with the bus
station around the corner!

@Gerrit Lammert:
Sorry!!! Initially, we completely forgot to mention other proposals we
used as a source of inspiration - but now, the link to your proposal
is set. Anyway, in my diploma thesis (which I am currently doing on
public transport in OSM) your proposal is not only refrenced but
analyzed, too.

Kind regards

--
Sebastian