[Talk-transit] Multiple tracks

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 20 12:18:43 BST 2009

While I like the idea of marking individual railway tracks as separate ways,
I foresee a problem for the renderers if we don't tell them how many tracks
are adjacent. If a renderer makes a distinction between tracks=1 and
tracks=2, and we've marked two separate adjacent ways with tracks=1, then
we'll just end up with two single tracks on top of each other at medium
zooms.

My thought is that we either make it tracks=1of2 or have a separate
track_grouping=1of2. Anyone else have a better idea?

I've put a comment to this effect on the multiple_tracks proposal, but this
list doesn't see much traffic, so I thought I'd raise it here.

Richard