[Talk-transit] Multiple tracks

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Jun 22 07:51:27 BST 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 05:09:35PM +0100, Richard Mann wrote:
> No, simpler than that:
>
> tracks=1 => render a single line at all zooms
> tracks=2 => render a double line at all zooms
> tracks=X => render a multiple line with X tracks at all zooms
> tracks=1ofX => render a single line at high zooms, but render as if tracks=X
> at medium/low zooms

But then you'd still draw several lines nearly on top of each other in medium
zoom levels which doesn't look good, which was the problem we were trying to
fix?

Anyway, this is a rather specialized trick about rendering the number of tracks
properly. But what if you want to render other attributes. Say one of your two
tracks is an industrial railway, the other a normal passenger railway and you
want to distinguish those types. On medium zoom levels, is this a two track
thing and we loose the type distinction, or do we keep it?

Jochen