[Talk-transit] Trolley bus overhead wires

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Mon Jun 29 20:29:31 BST 2009

Am 29.06.2009 um 00:24 schrieb Frankie Roberto:
> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>
> wrote:
>>
>> How do I tag roads that have overhead wire installed?
>
> Good question.  I don't think I've ever seen any actual tagging of
> trolleybus routes on the map.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Oxomoa/
> Public_transport_schema suggests using trolley_wire=yes, which is
> probably marginally preferable to trolley_wire=installed, as it
> mirrors other *=yes tags.
>
> Either way, we should probably document it on the wiki so that it's
> a little more findable!

Tagwatch shows only a couple of uses in Europe and none in North
America, so there's little precedent.

After thinking about it, I'd rather use the existing railway tags:
Key:electrified, Key:voltage, and Key:frequency. This would also take
care of properly mapping when the same wire is shared by trolleys and
trams.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811