[Talk-transit] NaPTAN bus stop database import

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sun Mar 1 01:21:37 GMT 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 10:11:00AM +0000, Brian Prangle wrote:
> 3. If we can agree the entire tagging and import scheme would we get any
> extra benefit from offering it for discussion on talkgb or should we just
> get on with it?

I think talk-transit is the place to discuss this, but a reminder to
talk-gb that we’re discussing things here and if anyone wants to comment
they should participate in the list wouldn’t go amiss.

> With about 30 fields to be imported are editor screens going to look too
> cluttered for the average OSMer? TIGER data takes up a lot of screen real
> estate and there's a lot less fields. Should we (can we) cull the fields to
> be imported?

This is an editor issue.  As we get more detailed we will get an
increasing number of tags per object anyway.  Editors might start
filtering tags for brevity (though still indicating that there are more
tags and allowing to view them).

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall