[Talk-transit] NaPTAN bus stop database import

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sun Mar 1 01:26:20 GMT 2009

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 12:26:40AM +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> I believe that some of your suggestions for tags seem to be
> superfluous to the way that some of the data will be structured.
> I'm also all for keeping the tags as close to the standard OSM tagging
> scheme as possible, for example, using alt_name rather than
> naptan:alt_name. Do we really need "consistency on data origin"?

I suggested in IRC that it may be worth keeping naptan:* tags that
seemingly duplicate existing tags.  name=* may not necessarily be the
same as the NaPTAN name, just as the local name for something may not be
the same as name=*.  I didn’t think of any examples.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall