[Talk-transit] [Talk-gb-westmidlands] NaPTAN data import

Peter J Stoner stonerpj at mytraveline.info
Fri Mar 6 13:17:40 GMT 2009

In message <0AE7F2C1-36EA-46FC-8809-19BAFCF40ADC at gmail.com>
          Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> wrote:

> On 6 Mar 2009, at 10:58, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:

>> Brian Prangle wrote:
>>> Sent: 06 March 2009 8:27 AM
>>> To: Talk-gb-westmidlands at openstreetmap.org; talk-transit at openstreetmap.org
>>> Subject: [Talk-gb-westmidlands] NaPTAN data import
>>>
>>> Hi everyone
>>>
>>> We discussed at our West Mids meeting last night the best way
>>> forward. Here
>>> is what we would like to see happen:

>>> 2. If it's easy to code,  generate ways between related nodes for
>>> things
>>> like plusbus zones, stopareas etc. We didn't discuss however how to
>>> tag
>>> these, so I guess just leave them untagged. If it's going to be
>>> difficult
>>> and slow down the implementation, then ignore it and just import
>>> the nodes
>>> and we'll have to generate ways manually.

> Stop Areas are probably best modelled as relations containing Stop
> Points where the relation has a name, a ref and a type and this should
> be easy. PlusBus zones are polygons and I would be very happy for
> these to wait. I have no idea if there are any in the DB anyway and no
> one seems very interested in them (they are about combined bus and
> rail fares in parts of the country).

I am very interested in PlusBus!  £2 for all day bus travel in the
West Midlands is very good value!

There is a file StopPlubusZones.csv in the West Midlands NaPTAN which
contains a list of 12107 bus stops.  I have taken these to be all the
stops within the West Midlands PlusBus zone.
http://www.plusbus.info/stations/station.php?item=1811&back=

--
Peter J Stoner
UK Regional Coordinator

a trading name of
Intelligent Travel Solutions Ltd  company number 3826797
Drury House, 34-43 Russell Street, LONDON WC2B 5HA