[Talk-transit] [Talk-gb-westmidlands] NaPTAN data import

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Fri Mar 6 14:30:59 GMT 2009

Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> schrieb:
> On 6 Mar 2009, at 13:17, Peter J Stoner wrote:
> > There is a file StopPlubusZones.csv in the West Midlands NaPTAN
> > which contains a list of 12107 bus stops.  I have taken these to be
> > all the stops within the West Midlands PlusBus zone.
> > http://www.plusbus.info/stations/station.php?item=1811&back=
> >
> Ok, so if a plusbus zone it is a list of bus stops then it is
> probably a relation not a polygon.

The data contains two pieces of information on plusbus zones: The nptg
database has a list of all plusbus zones with their extent given as a
list of locations which form a polygon covering the hole zone. In the
naptan data the busstops can have a list of PlusbusZoneRef tags which
list the plusbus zones  a particular busstop is part of.

> To be clear I don't think anyone is suggesting we should never
> import Plusbus zones, it is just a matter of if it is in the first
> pass and at the end of the day that is going to be up to the person
> writing the code!

The plusbus zones in nptg can be imported as ways. Each of these ways
and all busstops in the zone can then be put into a relation.

While the importing of the plusbus zone polygons should not be very
tricky. I do not know easy it is to build a relation in the importer.
However, I should be quite easy to update the busstops at a later stage
and add the plus bus zones.

Christoph