[Talk-transit] [Talk-gb-westmidlands] NaPTAN data import

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Mar 6 19:11:55 GMT 2009

On 6 Mar 2009, at 18:28, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:

>> Gerrit - NaPTAN references nodes as being part of a StopArea,
>> somewhat
>> like our relation structure. The converter is already pulling them in
>> according to the unified stop area spec. (Except for not having the
>> stop-points on the road way, just beside, but thats just a moot
>> point)

In the EU a Stop Point is the place that the person waits for the
vehicle, which is beside the road/track and the place where the
vehicle stops in called a Stopping Point is on the road/track.

Can we agree that a Stop in OSM is the same as a Stop Point and is
therefore correctly positioned beside the track. What OSM is proposing
to call a Halt is on the track and is the same as a Stopping Point.
The unified Stop Area proposal is a great one to settle this one for
good for all public transport modes.  I do hope we can drop that as a
'moot point' soon!
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/unified_stoparea