[Talk-transit] Trams

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Mon Mar 9 13:22:16 GMT 2009

Yes, good idea.

I created the http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dtram a while
back and started to document the ways of tagging tramways there.

I've started to use oneway=yes on tram tracks, but this currently looks a
bit crap in the renderers.

Frankie

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>wrote:

> Trams seem to be one of the most complex of transport modes however we
> don't even have a wiki page for Trams that I can find. Would someone
> like to put some work into a primary 'trams' page that describes how
> to tag them and deal with sections where they share the carriageway,
> where they are separated and how to map stops.
>
> I have created a Trams category and it only currently has one page in
> it for railway=tram!
>
> I have also created a Metro category and added a few pages to it.
>

> Regards,
>

> Peter

Frankie Roberto
Experience Designer, Rattle
0114 2706977
http://www.rattlecentral.com

Sent from: Sheffield Sheffield United Kingdom.