[Talk-transit] [Spam] Re: [Talk-gb-westmidlands] NaPTAN data import

Gerrit Lammert osm at 00l.de
Mon Mar 9 16:22:09 GMT 2009

Hey Peter.

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:56:13 +0000, Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> wrote:
> On 9 Mar 2009, at 13:48, Gerrit Lammert wrote:
> A Stop area in Transmodel is defined as 'A group of STOP POINTs close
> to each other'.

In my proposal [p] a the relation=stop_area is a group of elements that belong to the same logical stop/station.
So the differences are (transmodel=[t]):
1) [p] groups by name, [t] by proximity, thus [t] could have STOP POINTs with different names.
2) If I take all highway=bus_stop, railway=halt from [p] i essentially have [t].
3) Both can comprise of different transport types (bus AND tram, ...)

Is this correct?

If yes, I see the following advantages in the [p] model:
- We already have proximity by means of geo coordinates.
- Other Elements (as ticket vending, shelters etc) can be grouped by [p], but not [t]

> Excellent. I will have a go at it. I will base it on the unified stop
> area page, try to keep it clear and relevant whilst also using the
> correct modelling and names from Transmodel. We will then tweek it to
> make it work for OSM if we need to but lets start with the ideal and
> see how we get on.

Hmm, OK.
I'm looking forward to examining the transmodel-stuff!

Greetings,

Gerrit