[Talk-transit] Need information about route planners

Xayide p xayide_p at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 18:13:11 GMT 2009

Hello!

I am new in this mailing list. I am developping a research about existing route planners. I have recently read about pyRoute, PHPRoute, OpenRouteService, YOURS, etc. However, I have some doubts that I hope somebody could solve.

- PyRoute could be modified for being a web service? could it offer planning routes in public transport?
- PHPRoute? I have found no information about it.
- OpenRoute service. Can the code be accessed for developping other services?

For all of them:

- Are them opensource? can the code be accessed for developping other services?
- Can they be used with other maps, such us google maps, yahoo maps, custom maps, etc.?
- Could any of them be used for planning routes in public transport? Does somebody know about existing route planners for public transport?

Any other additional information will be wellcome!

Thanks in advance!