[Talk-transit] [Talk-gb-westmidlands] Naptan alignment

Roger Slevin roger at slevin.plus.com
Tue Mar 31 23:19:35 BST 2009

Andy

"Custom and Practice" stops - that is stops which are not physically marked
- are a common feature in many parts of the country ... less so within
Metropolitan areas than in rural ones.  And many are not "signed in one
direction to represent both directions" - they are without any sign.  These
unmarked stops are stop type CUS in NaPTAN.  I appreciate that their
representation on a map might be conceptually challenging ... but they are
essential points as far as bus passengers are concerned!

Roger