[Talk-transit] Public transport workshop in Germany

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Sat May 30 15:44:50 BST 2009

On 30 May 2009, at 12:33, Hugh Barnes wrote:

> On Fri, 29 May 2009 17:56:19 +0200
> Gerrit Lammert <osm at 00l.de> wrote:
>

>> That said: I really _am_ happy that there is some progress in this
>> field. As you guys have a group (and the geofabrik) behind you, its
>> much more likely to succeed and become wide spread. And I am very
>> interested to have a unified tagging scheme, whatever name it bears.
>>

> Kudos to the producers of this wonderful comprehensive scheme. They
> knuckled down and put in the time, creating something really
> polished. I do think they should credit you, though. Your ideas,
> Gerrit,
> really untied some knots in my thinking about this problem. It is
> reasonable that you speak up.
>
> I'm very happy it's almost ready, too. Well done all.

I have updated the proposal in response to the comments from Nick
Knowles re CEN standards. I have limited myself to making two changes
which seem non-controversial. There is a 'undo' button if anyone
thinks it they are controversial!

I have replaced stop area with stop place to match CEN IFOT
terminology. An important reason for doing this is at CEN Transmodel
already has a Stop Area which is something a little different and it
is really confusing when terms get mixed in different contexts like
that.

I have also replaced Stop Position with Stopping Point as this
directly matches the CEN IFOPT term to the concept.

Here is the diff for the changes.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=User:Oxomoa/Public_transport_schema&diff=278795&oldid=278379

There are other changes that we have been asked to consider. I have
put the recommendations on to the wiki talk page and have commented on
each one.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:Oxomoa/Public_transport_schema#Standards

Is it time to move this page to the main wiki? It seems wrong to be
modifying a page in someone's private area.

Regards,

Peter