[Talk-transit] Real-Time Bus Map

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 5 10:11:41 GMT 2009

I'd agree with Christoph that timetables (let alone real-time running
reports) don't belong in OSM. Other people should maintain timetable
databases and make the info openly available (basically because the info
isn't solely/primarily geo-organised, so the database will be structured
rather differently). OSM should only include the codes that tell us which
database to request the info from.

However, I would advocate a frequency tag on relations, giving the number of
services per hour on weekdays off-peak. That is the sort of info that often
finds it's way onto transport maps.

Richard