[Talk-transit] Train services and colours

David Peek davidapeek at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 6 19:04:47 GMT 2009

I seem to have lit a bit of a fire here.  Having (somewhat) updated it, I
added colours to the table of mapped train service relations on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_railways.  Now I thought
there was very good reason to include this, especially where it's already in
use (Birmingham, West Coast Main Line, Cardiff and probably other areas).
It seems some people think colours, especially when they aren't for a
particular service but are rather for the operator, are not data but a
rendering issue.  I happen to disagree to a certain amount, but I would like
more input either way.  Have a look at the page as it stands, if you hit
'edit' you can see I've commented out the section that seemed to be giving
grief, and please contribute to the
discussion<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=Talk:United_Kingdom_railways>.
Thanks.