[Talk-transit] NaPTAN case study

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Thu Oct 22 15:12:40 BST 2009

On 22 Oct 2009, at 15:00, Peter Miller wrote:

> Every bus stop has an associated authority in NaPTAN - possibly we
> should import this as well to help spot errors in the boundaries.

You don't need to import the authority into OSM too.
The bug reporting system could take an osm node id, then lookup the
live naptan data for differences etc and these could be included in
the report, which would go to the authority that has been found in the
live naptan data. The other advantage of this, is that if the naptan
bus stop changes hands (for whatever reason) then it'll be going to
the right group, rather than an out of date group from some old OSM
data.

Shaun