[Talk-transit] NaPTAN case study

Jerry Clough - OSM sk53_osm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 16:10:46 BST 2009

I will not be adding route_ref tags, all route information is going on relations.

One aspect of NaPTAN which I have not investigated in any detail are Stop Place. I was hoping that we would have visualisation of the relations in OePNV-Karte but it does not parse the NaPTAN data. My impression is that many of these are peculiar in Nottingham: for instance the Nottingham Road / Vernon Road stop place includes two tram stops (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/258878); and Nottingham Road / Haydn Road extends for around  1500 metres (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/258691), with one stop in the group being a kilometre away from where I (as a bus user) would assume the stop place to be (i.e., by The Potters House church).

Jerry