[Talk-transit] NaPTAN case study

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 17:23:08 BST 2009

The tram stops should not have been imported as bus stops, this
appears to be an error in the Nottingham data - they're identifying
them as bus stops for some unknown reason. But, I think we've covered
it in the past.

Stop places will eventually be expanded to include inter-modal groups,
I've not yet worked with the applicable datasets though.

2009/10/22 Jerry Clough - OSM <sk53_osm at yahoo.co.uk>:
> I will not be adding route_ref tags, all route information is going on
> relations.
>
> One aspect of NaPTAN which I have not investigated in any detail are Stop
> Place. I was hoping that we would have visualisation of the relations in
> OePNV-Karte but it does not parse the NaPTAN data. My impression is that
> many of these are peculiar in Nottingham: for instance the Nottingham Road /
> Vernon Road stop place includes two tram stops
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/258878); and Nottingham Road /
> Haydn Road extends for around  1500 metres
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/258691), with one stop in the
> group being a kilometre away from where I (as a bus user) would assume the
> stop place to be (i.e., by The Potters House church).
>
> Jerry

Thomas Wood
(Edgemaster)