[Talk-transit] NaPTAN case study

Jerry Clough - OSM sk53_osm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 22 17:48:42 BST 2009

I'd completely forgotten that tram stops were imported, because they were stored as bus stops in NaPTAN: this is a significant data issue with Nottingham data (3% of data).

I think I've failed to make clear that these examples were of defined stop places which appear to me to be far too diffuse to have any coherence either for transport planners or transport users. However, I don't know enough about NaPTAN rules to be sure of this. I also don't know if anyone else has looked at stop places in the data which has been imported.

Jerry