[Talk-transit] NaPTAN case study

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Fri Oct 23 10:32:01 BST 2009

> I believe that this is the site that Roger was referring to:-
> http://www.travelinesoutheast.org.uk

Thanks Peter,

Yes, that does look useful and I can't understand why I couldn't
find it last time I was looking. Perhaps it's come on line since.

Having said that, the first route map I looked at (137) doesn't
quite correspond to the route the bus takes (or at least not the one
time I followed a 137 recently to try and work out the route). After
the Tesco stop (on a road which doesn't exist on the map background
- Britton Way) the bus goes around a mini-roundabout and back down
London Road rather than straight past Brook Retail park and then
using the A133. This is probably why the London Road stop is
included, as I'm fairly sure the bus doesn't stop there and then
reverse up to the Tesco turn.

I'd send a permalink to show the area in question, but can't work
out how. On OSM the area is here
http://osm.org/go/0EHnAoERA-

Ed