[Talk-transit] NOVAM is back

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Wed Oct 28 10:30:36 GMT 2009

On 27 Oct 2009, at 22:58, Shaun McDonald wrote:

> Looking good, I'm thinking of adding timetable_case=yes/no/empty to
> the list of required fields.

Good stuff - I have been through my local area with a cleanup pass of
and it has helped find a number of issues. I will do other parts of
the town next.

Can I suggest that NOVAM needs its own wiki page and that the link
from the product should go that that page.

Could you add a 'edit this feature in Potlatch' option from the Stops
information pane? I guess a link to JOSM may also be wanted by others.

I do thing we should rationalise the different view option into a
'basic' and a number of 'advanced' options. The basic option could
ignore if there are shelters and routes etc, the advanced options can
take more of these into account and colour code things appropriately.

Part of me wonders if you could encode the colours into the URL using
a bit pattern for the tag entries, so...   &colours=#6 #00FF00, #7
#FF0000, #E #808000  would mean that if the appropriate two tags were
present (#6=binary 000110) then the colour would be #00FF00 except if
three tags (#7=binary 00111) were present and then the colour would be
#FF0000 etc. One can then encode the most common options into a pull-
down list but is does allow people to play with other variations.