[Talk-transit] NOVAM is back

Christoph Böhme christoph at b3e.net
Wed Oct 28 22:49:32 GMT 2009

Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> schrieb:

> On 27 Oct 2009, at 22:58, Shaun McDonald wrote:
>
> > Looking good, I'm thinking of adding timetable_case=yes/no/empty to
> > the list of required fields.
> >

> Good stuff - I have been through my local area with a cleanup pass
> of and it has helped find a number of issues. I will do other parts
> of the town next.
>
> Can I suggest that NOVAM needs its own wiki page and that the link
> from the product should go that that page.

Does anyone want to write something? I am quite busy with the
development of NOVAM and would appreciate if someone else could set up
a wiki page.

> Could you add a 'edit this feature in Potlatch' option from the
> Stops information pane? I guess a link to JOSM may also be wanted by
> others.

I added a link to potlatch. It centers on the bus stop at the current
zoom level. Please let me no if this works well when editing. I will
add a link to JOSM as soon as I find out how to do this.

> I do thing we should rationalise the different view option into a
> 'basic' and a number of 'advanced' options. The basic option could
> ignore if there are shelters and routes etc, the advanced options
> can take more of these into account and colour code things
> appropriately.

This is a very good idea. I was already fearing that the possibility of
different colour schemes might led to each town having its own
different scheme for tagging bus stops. Having some basic schemes and
on top of this advanced schemes for special features (like
shelters/timetables) can hopefully prevent this.

> Part of me wonders if you could encode the colours into the URL
> using a bit pattern for the tag entries, so...   &colours=#6 #00FF00,
> #7 #FF0000, #E #808000  would mean that if the appropriate two tags
> were present (#6=binary 000110) then the colour would be #00FF00
> except if three tags (#7=binary 00111) were present and then the
> colour would be #FF0000 etc. One can then encode the most common
> options into a pull- down list but is does allow people to play with
> other variations.

This could also be done with a list of checkboxes so that users do not
need to fiddle around with the URL. However it would still be nice to
be able to share such a scheme with other users.

Cheers,
Christoph