[Talk-transit] local_ref problem around Anerley in NAPTAN

Jason Cunningham jamicubat at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 1 23:49:47 BST 2009

Hi,

I've noticed the same problem with Anerley. Digging around my memory and
looking at the TFL website confirms what I thought the problem was. A few
years ago a resting place/bus station was built next to Anerley Station for
bus drivers, a couple of nearby Bus Routes were extended to Anerley Station,
and other buses that finish nearby in Penge use it a a resting place. As a
result was a change in the number and locations of Bus Stops, and their
reference code thing.
The result is available to see on the TFL website. If you look for the bus
maps they have available for the Anerley area, they provide two relevant
maps. The out of date Anerley map, and the new Anerley Station map
[link<http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/?borough=BRO>].
And its far more complex than those maps show as bus stops off the main map
areas are affected. Obviously I cant use these maps to sort the problem out
because of copyright, but even if we were allowed to they wouldn't be of any
use!

Adding the Naptan imports to this problem has created a kind of OSM Soduku
puzzle in Anerley. I tried to have look this afternoon but gave in fairly
quickly

Jason Cunningham
user:jamicu