[Talk-transit] local_ref problem around Anerley in NAPTAN

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Wed Sep 2 13:17:43 BST 2009

2009/9/2 Shaun McDonald <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk>

> That was ages ago that I done that. I have added those extra details to a
> few stations, in some cases even adding the platform numbers. It does become
> more difficult when there are island platforms. The reason why I have been
> adding them is from a desire to know how to access the station, and how to
> access the platforms. It is also an increased detail thing.

I had a discussion about island platforms on the wiki a while back (see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/unified_stoparea#Sheffield).
When I mapped Sheffield Station (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?relation=79249) I noted that some platforms
have up to 6 different names (2A, 2B, 3, 4, 5A, 5B).

The options as I see it are:

* stick all the names in a single ref= tag, semi-colon or comma separated
(the former seems to be the convention?)
* add the names to the stopping points (the node on the actual railway way).
* splitting the platform way into different ways (eg two halves) and then
tagging those separately (although this still leaves you the problem of
different names for the different 'edges').
* doing something complicated with relations.

Thoughts?

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto