[Talk-transit] Vertical Levels (Layers) versus Altitude for stations

Christoph Boehme christoph at b3e.net
Fri Sep 4 09:25:04 BST 2009

Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com> wrote:

> We would also need to consider slope, steps and lifts between layers
> and the situation where a lift only connects some layers but not all
> of them. A lift is currently represented as a single node because it
> is vertical. How does one indicate which layers it connects?

We could create one elevator-node for each level the elevator connects
to. These nodes are only connected to the ways on their level. This
basically results in the elevator access points (aka doors) are mapped.
To find out which elevator doors belong to the same elevator we can put
all the nodes in a relation. Please note that this scheme would not only
work for elevators but also for teleporters.

Cheers,
Christoph