[Talk-transit] Vertical Levels (Layers) versus Altitude for stations

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 14:02:44 BST 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Peter Miller<peter.miller at itoworld.com> wrote:
> Bill also talked about the use of the layer tag on some stations on the
> monorail at Disney with the stations at layer 3 and the track at layer 2 and
> I think it would be useful to talk about how we can usefully use layer tags
> for complex interchanges.

on the layer 3 stations, i am not advocating just reporting what I
found on the map, and understanding/explaining what it attempts to
represent.

You are quite right re interchange. The foot paths, pedestrian ramps,
that connect the platforms to the ground need careful layering, but
the node that represents the station's intermodal interchange is at
the same layer as the way it is on. normally we don't even put layer=*
on the node,
 only the way, right?

--
Bill