[Talk-transit] Linking into the Traveline 'NextBus' interface

Peter Miller peter.miller at itoworld.com
Fri Sep 4 19:21:29 BST 2009

I was speaking with Peter Stoner today and he mentioned that he was
keen that OSM started linking into the other Traveline services
including NextBus. This has the simplest of interfaces for requesting
service data using the ATCO code which is put into the 'StopCode'
field as in the following example:

http://nextbuses.mobi/departureboard;?stopCode=1900HA100376

Anyone fancy knocking something up using this? Could we build it into
Opvenkarte which already pops up a dialogue box when one clicks on a
bus stop but this is blank in the UK.

I am sure Peter can provide more details about this and might even be
interested in ideas about how they could improve the api.