[Talk-transit] Public Transport routing

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:51:28 BST 2009

I think you could get a fair way (to providing an outline journey plan) with
the sort of route information that's going in already. I've been adding
offpeak weekday frequency to bus routes in Oxford (frequency=3 for a 3 buses
per hour service). If we started using the service= tag, particularly for
trains, that'd give a steer on how fast each service is.

If you want to be more precise, you could add a tag to the relation giving
the "commercial speed" - distance from the service origin to service
destination divided by the time taken, though that obviously will only be
accurate for end-to-end journeys.

Richard