[Talk-transit] One last question (for now)

Jason Cunningham jamicuosm at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:41:56 BST 2009

In the recent discussion about Anerley bus stops, we spoke about several
problems. I've been out and looked at most of the stops in that area and
have made some changes.

For the moment, until agreement is reached I've decided not to edit tags
with are labelled or start with "naptan" (except the verified tag)

I did change tags that I consider to be general OSM tags used to 'map what's
on the ground'. The following link shows an example of how one bus stop can
differ from the Naptan Data
http://tinypic.com/m/5lb29w/2

Name: Some were wrong or needed altering. I changed the name to what was on
the bus stop, but left the Naptan:CommonName tag untouched. One issue is
agreeing on how to separate two lines of names. (see the picture) I used the
following eg [Anerley Road / Croydon Road].

Local_ref: I changed this to the reference letter on the bus stop. The tag
Naptan:Indicator holds the Naptan version.

There are errors in tags starting with Naptan and it seems we shouldnt
change these, but instead create a new tag/note with the different data.
This looks like a good idea if it makes it easier for Naptan to compare
data, without dealing with the history of the node.

Jason Cunningham
user:jamicu