[Talk-transit] Mapping Tram Lines

Jerry Clough - OSM sk53_osm at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 16:57:48 BST 2009

Thanks Shaun. I thought I'd have to find an example outside the UK. Next time I travel on the tram I'll pay attention to traffic restrictions instead of trying to fix some no-name streets.

I did think of another restriction, which is not mapped. On Badenerstrasse, Zurich, the trams run down the middle of the street. In most places the tram lines are separated by a curb, but from Albisriederplatz westwards they are not. There is a broad white line on the outside of the tram lines, indicating that cars should not encroach on the tram lines. I know U-turns are forbidden as I had a friend who was adept at finding out about Swiss traffic restrictions the hard way.