[Talk-transit] One last question (for now)

Péter Connell p8r at connell.plus.com
Tue Sep 8 15:26:55 BST 2009

I reckon name should be something like what-people-would-call-them [or
what bus-drivers-would-understand], not necessarily as flagged.
Especially in Cumbria as many stops have no name flagged (and a fair few
have no flag at all).

The different nbound/sbound/out/in stuff in NaPTAN is probably not
massively useful.

Name bit notwithstanding, I'd like to propose tagging as

highway=bus_stop - anywhere where buses stop
flag=no - where there is no flag [assume flag=yes otherwise]
layby=yes - where there is a layby

with suitable rendering (e.g. blue for bus-stop but grey when flag=no or
something)