[Talk-transit] One last question (for now)

Roger Slevin roger at slevin.plus.com
Tue Sep 8 16:07:11 BST 2009

That's why having an established commonname (as in NaPTAN) is important -
and we want to grow the practice so that people recognise a stop by its
commonname.  Most of the other names that you suggest are not names, they
are narrative descriptions - which is quite different.  The commonname is
the Given Name - I name this stop "....".  Generally it will take its
parentage from a side street or a nearby landmark.

Roger