[Talk-transit] Public transport project pages

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Wed Sep 9 23:49:23 BST 2009

Hi all,

In order to try and support and encourage the public transport project pages
on the OSM wiki, I've created a very simple infobox template at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Template:PlaceFeature

This doesn't do much yet, other than adds a small infobox with a title,
image, 'status' and description , as well as automatically adding the
project page to the appropriate categories.

There may be other things worth adding (I toyed with the idea of a list of
'participants') - if you have any ideas, let me know (or go ahead an add
them).

Here's a quick list of current public transport project pages that I've
found. There are probably some others that I haven't discovered yet. I think
these pages are useful, not only for co-ordinating and keeping track of
progress, but also to help make it easy for people to quickly find the
relation for, say, the Northern line.

Railways
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_railways
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/London_Underground_lines