[Talk-transit] Should railway station relations includebusstops?

Frankie Roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Mon Sep 14 00:30:42 BST 2009

2009/9/10 Peter Miller <peter.miller at itoworld.com>

> It does appear to be a little complex around Waterloo and possibly wrong?

Okay, so I've done a little 'tidying up'...

There is now a single relation (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/201171) which contains all the
bus stops near the station which are called 'Waterloo', or which are
directly outside the station (node 277675366 seems to have been mapped by a
user, rather than from the NaPTAN import, so is possibly a duplicate).

The following 'local_ref' codes are included: A,B,C,F,H,J,K,N,S,V,W -
indicating that there are quite a few missing (presuming they go from A to
at least W without skipping any letters?)

There are also 2 NaPTAN-created relations which now no longer have any
members, http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/201160 and
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/199517 as I've moved all of
these to the previous relation. The StopAreaCodes seem to be different
(though only by the last letter) - so I don't know if these means that they
have some administrative difference? What should we do with these relations?

The train station is a separate relation (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/238792), which includes the
building (as role=outline), a few shops, and now the ex-International
platforms 20-25, (as ways, with stop points, alongside ways for each of the
tracks). Platforms 1-19 are still to do... :-)

The tube station is yet another relation (
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/238793), which just contains 4
stop nodes on each of the tube line ways.

I suggest that each of these 3 relations should belong to a parent
'Waterloo' relation, but I can't seem to currently do this within Potlatch.
Can somebody else have a go (does JOSM support this?)

Any other suggestions for improvements are welcome (particularly from people
who live a bit closer...)

Frankie

--
Frankie Roberto